Are you experiencing sinusitis? If you belong to the population of sufferers from this health condition, read on. This article will give you everything that you must know on how to deal with sinusitis through targeting the different sinus pressure points.
Most of the time, you do not realize that the environment conditions give you sinusitis attack such as pollution and weather. You have probably experienced being helpless and irritated when your nasal passages and sinuses are starting to narrow.
It is like the small outlets for your sinus cavities are starting to fill up with mucus, pus or cultures of viruses and fungi. These substances can build up within the sinus cavities or extend to the mucous membranes lining of the sinus passages. In this situation, air can be trapped inside the cavities whenever the nasal passages are blocked.
Symptoms and Signs of Sinusitis
One of the visible signs of sinus infections are blocked ears. The stimulants of sinusitis are pollen, pet dander, dust, cold weather, food allergies, perfumes and flowery scents. It could result to stuffy head, sinus pain and painful cheek bones. Sinus infections are usually due to inflamed nasal passages and sinus tracts that are part of your facial bones. Your exposure to allergens, dust, bacteria, fungi, viruses will result in blocked sinuses which will lead to infections.
Here are the signs if you are suffering from sinus infections:
- Heavy head
- Puffy eyes
- Constant nasal discharge
- Common cold
- Chronic coughing
- Painful forehead and cheek bones
Sinus Pressure Points: What are these?
These pertain to the four sinus areas on your head and face.
- Frontal sinuses: These are air pockets located above the eyebrows. Start with your eyebrows and up to approximately in the middle of each brow.
- Ethmoid sinuses: These are spots located on every side of the bridge of the nose. These are where glasses grasp your nose if you are wearing one.
- Maxillary sinuses: These points are located on the cheekbones, the areas of your cheeks whenever you smile.
- Sphenoid sinuses: These are located either above the ears and side of your head.
Pressure points for sinus : Massaging is the Answer
Are you searching for a quick fix of your sinusitis? You might be battling for sinusitis for a long time already. Massaging the pressure points for sinus is the answer.
Once you massage these sinus pressure points it can bring relief to you. It soothingly wheedle your cartilage structure that is underneath your skin. In result, it will alleviate the excessive pressure you are suffering.
Here are some sinus pressure points suggestions for a quick and lasting relief:
- You can easily get relief through pressing downward the maxillary sinuses on your skin of your cheeks which is outside of the nostrils. You are giving pressure below the sinuses which will provide movements inside the cavities.
- You can also try pressing your two index fingers and trace half-circles on the lower area of your nose. Trace these half-circles for about 10 times.
- Alleviate the blockage in your sphenoid sinuses through putting your fingers behind the earlobes. Rub 10 times in upward and downward motions on each area.
- One sinus pressure points that are related with Chinese acupressure techniques can be implored directly on your earlobes. Massage for 10 times your earlobes. Some suggests you to lie down once performing this kind of massage.
It is highly recommended that you do the above sequence for about 10 minutes. Complete the maneuvers and repeat for a few times. Remember that you need to locate the right sinus pressure points and apply the correct acupressure on the said areas for you to get rid of the sinusitis or sinus aches.
The pressure points for sinuses have been tried and tested for a long time in the Orient already. It was based on the concept of points and places on the skin that are responsive to different bio-electric impulses. It is logical that your brain produces low level of voltage electric power which is calculated in millivolts that is set out within your body through the nervous system. Take note, without the electric network, your body organs will not do its job.
Acupressure points can control bio-electric impulses through stimulating it with heat and pressure the will trigger the discharge of endorphins neurochemicals that alleviate pain. It will also release your tensions. In result, it promotes overall relief and healing. It has been evident from oriental countries that they have found healing through this process.
Sinus Pressure Points: Tips and Suggestions
You need to make some efforts in order to totally get relief from sinusitis. Partner the above massaging techniques of pressure points with the following tips and suggestions:
- Clear your nasal cavities and sinuses for a couple of minutes. Do not take any pills or medications immediately.
- Consume citrus fruits such as lemons, oranges and grapefruits. It can reduce your nasal polyps. These food items are high in Vitamin C that boost your immune system and fight other health problems. Citrus fruits contain bioflavonoids which are essential in healing your blood vessels and nasal tissues. It also normalizes your health condition especially your nose. Just add one or two kinds of citrus fruits in your diet and you are on your way you to sinus relief.
- Another way of relieving from sinusitis is nasal rinse. Use salt water solution or saline solution to provide soothing effects and reduce or remove irritants and allergens that help build up of nasal polyps. You can make your own saltwater solution through mixing a cup of warm water and one teaspoon of salt. Make sure to dissolve the salt. Put the mixture inside a nasal spray bottle or bulb syringe. Spray gently the solution inside your nose. Breathe lightly to make sure the mixture will travel on your nasal cavity. Repeat the process for about three times a day to get immediate and lasting results.
- Avoid stimulants that will give you sinusitis. For instance, if you are allergic to dust, make sure that you clean your house with proper protective gears. Or better yet, ask someone to do it for you.